Installing Shelx on OS X
From OS X Scientific Computing
Installing Shelx manually is easy
1. Obtain a license and download Shelx source code (unix.tgz).
2. Install ccp4 (and if you are using fink, be sure to install ccp4-dev).
3. Install gfortran (the gcc43 package in fink).
4. Issue the commands
tar xvfz unix.tgz cd unix wget http://scottlab.ucsc.edu/xtal/install_shelx.zsh chmod a+x install_shelx.zsh ./install_shelx.zsh /usr/local/bin
(You can substitute any bin directory in your $PATH for /usr/local/bin.)
5. You might also want to get hkl2map and put it in your $PATH
6. I recommend using coot rather than xfit. Coot reads foo.phs files produced by shelx.
Alternatively, you can just download the binary distribution for shelx.
The hkl2map TCLTK gui running in the OS X aqua environment.